see more dog and puppy pictures
We all are tempted to share our people food with our beloved pets.
Some people food is great for your dogs and some food can be toxic.
Good food to share: Whenever giving your dog a new food to try, give it to them while you are home to monitor they're reaction.
- Bits of banana; high in potassium for muscle growth but also very high in sugar so don't over do it.
- Yogurt; full of probiotics for optimum digestive health.
- Cooked deboned chicken, mixed with a little cooked rice and a raw egg. I only buy cage free eggs or my lovely neighbor next door shares her fresh chicken eggs. Chickens create salmonella when they are under stress. (no sunshine, caged life, crappy feed, debeeked to prevent pecking) Makes since, don't we all get sick when we are under stress. Think about where your chicken eggs come from. Just because the package says cage free doesn't mean the chicken was able to run around a pasture happily eating bugs all day. Most are kept inside large warehouses that never receive daylight. Happy chickens aren't as susceptible to producing harmful salmonella on their eggs.
- Carrots, apple slices. Most veggies and grains. Be sure to feed your pet a balanced diet.
- Onions and garlic; may thin your dogs blood.
- Grapes and raisins; can lead to kidney failure.
- Cocoa Powder and cooking chocolate; increases heartbeat, excessive urination and may eventually cause death.
- Gravies and sauces; could inflame your pets pancreas.
- Macadamia nuts are highly toxic to your pet.
- Here's a comprehensive list of potential pet dangers.