Monday, April 18, 2011

I woke up this morning to a Robin serenade


I woke up this morning to a beautiful serenade by a robin sitting in my large cotton wood tree in the front yard.

Here's a few Robin facts:
  1. Robins are very friendly birds. I can have conversations with them and they'll happily answer back.
  2. They are a migratory bird. They leave us here in Montana every Fall and return in the Spring. We know when the Robins are back, Spring has sprung.
  3. Robins have different sounds of communicating. Variances depend on if they are singing, talking to another Robin or if they feel threatened. 
  4. Robins love to eat insects and worms. They will hop around the yard, listen and then pounce and pull up a worm from the grass. This is one reason I never spray my grass with chemicals because I know it's also a food source.
  5. They also eat fruits and berries. 
  6. The mama Robin will toss out the shells after the babies have hatched to keep her nest tidy and provide more room.
I just created my brand new Interactive Incredible Creatures Blogfrog Community. 
Come on over and share your favorite animal stories, pet tips, green living techniques, sustainability ideas and awesome animal videos! Introduce yourself, leave your links and start a conversation.

Thank you for reading Incredible Creatures!

Written By: Carol Lawrence


4 comments:

  1. Carol, I’m excited to learn about this Incredible Creatures Community, especially since I’ve been contemplating a series of animal stories. Meet you newest follower.

    http://debrasblogpureandsimple.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debra nice to meet you. Let me know if you would like to be a guest author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always look forward to Robin-son and his relatives to come back every spring! Grateful that the Lord created birds that sing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a bird lover and we have robins that come to eat our Camphor tree berries. Cardinal are my favorite though.
    Your stumbled.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! We really appreciate them.
We hope you will bookmark our blog and come back again real soon. ~ Carol and Randy Lawrence