Here's a few Robin facts:
- Robins are very friendly birds. I can have conversations with them and they'll happily answer back.
- They are a migratory bird. They leave us here in Montana every Fall and return in the Spring. We know when the Robins are back, Spring has sprung.
- Robins have different sounds of communicating. Variances depend on if they are singing, talking to another Robin or if they feel threatened.
- Robins love to eat insects and worms. They will hop around the yard, listen and then pounce and pull up a worm from the grass. This is one reason I never spray my grass with chemicals because I know it's also a food source.
- They also eat fruits and berries.
- The mama Robin will toss out the shells after the babies have hatched to keep her nest tidy and provide more room.