Is your hormone cream exposing risks to your pets and family?
According to a recent article in The New York Times, veterinarians around the country are reporting spayed dogs, cats and even puppies and kittens are suddenly becoming hormonal.
Repeated operations and standard treatments have had no effect on some spayed and neutered animals.
Symptoms in pets:
- Swollen genitals
- Bloody discharge
- Males are showing up with swollen breast tissue
- Hair loss
- Typical symptoms of being in heat
- Finishing a heat and then showing symptoms of going into heat again right away
- You've recently spayed or neutered your pet and they are showing signs of going into heat
- After using a topical hormone cream wash hands thoroughly
- Let product dry completely before coming in contact with food, people or animals.
- If applying to arms, cover with a long sleeve shirt or apply to a different area.
- Do not let your pets lick the cream off your arms.
When Hormone Creams Expose Others to Risks - NYTimes.com