There are so many fun ways we can teach our children a love for nature, all about the amazing animals that call our planet home and how to have respect for our planet and it's inhabitants.
Fun ways to teach children how to connect with nature
- Take walks in the woods or parks
- Learn about wild animals and domesticated animals
- Read books
- Tell stories
- Visit museums
- Visit a farm
- Go on a bug hunt
- Explore your yard with a magnifying glass for unseen creatures
- Go to the beach
- Go camping, be sure to bring along your Scat & Tracks book, flower identification,
- Do you letterbox? Here's a fellow bloggers great idea for a letterbox adventure.
- Collect pine cones and make pine cone bird feeders. Spread pine cones with peanut butter, roll in bird seed, attach string and hang for the birds to enjoy.
- Set up a scavenger hunt outside
- Play games you played when you where a kid, duck duck goose, ring a round the rosy, red rover red rover outside.
- Visit a Botanical Garden
- Grow something. Growing a simple plant in the house or a garden, include your children in picking out the plant or seeds, watering them and harvesting. Grow an herb in the house and learn how to cook with it.
- Pick up a copy of "i love dirt" 52 activities to help you and your kids discover the wonders of nature.
Here are just a handful of fun games I found to play with children to learn about animals and nature.
EBoo Life On Earth Memory Game. Ages 3 and Up!
Tell Me A Story-Mystery In The Forest
***** Five Star Review
For ages 3 and up. Not for children under three, small parts.
I've never met a kid who didn't like stickers! Stickers are great to send to your grand kids in the mail, stuff a holiday stocking, use them when you need to entertain children at home, in the car or waiting at the doctors office.
- is a younger version of a property trading game where FUN is the rule and silliness is a must
- Flip the deeds over and learn a fun fact about each breed and a puppy training tip
- 5 - 8 years
- HORSE-OPOLY is a property trading game based on our equine animal friends. I
- Includes horse-themed pieces (Riding Boot, Bag of Oats, Trailer, Saddle, Horse Fly, Horse Shoe), paper money and a game board.
- Game play is for 2-6 players - 8 years to Adult.
iplay Amazing Animal Trivia Game
- Introduces numbers, counting, animals & their sounds
- Book has pages to turn, pictures to see, a story to hear, and even a fun song to sing
- Press the light-up face on the front cover or open up the book to hear a story
- With each page turn the friendly face becomes a new character
- Baby will love counting all the animals and hearing their sounds
- 200 trivia questions about amazing animals
- Cool, colorful graphics
- Be the first to race around the board and collect the most sets of cards
- 2-6 players
- Award winner
Written by: Carol Lawrence