Tuesday, July 27, 2010

How Does Your Organic Garden Grow?

Sunflowers in Fargo, North Dakota.Image via Wikipedia



With lot's of love, good soil, beneficial insects and water!

My raspberries
are almost ready!













I never planted raspberries. We originally put in three raised beds.
One year raspberries started popping up through the soil. My neighbor has none on the other side of the fence so I'm not sure of where they came from. I live in a housing development that used to be called Ben-Hughes Gardens. So maybe a dormant root or a shoot from another neighbors yard made it's way into my garden bed. Eventually the raspberries took over my entire middle raised garden bed. I finally gave in and decided to quit trying to weed them out and start enjoying what nature gave me.

I figure it's nature way of telling me to drink more red raspberry tea made from the dried leaves.
It's very good for the female system. I drank a lot of it during my second pregnancy.

My peas went crazy this year. Even though it's been very warm they are still producing.

I've enjoyed salad greens, spinach, bok choy and swish chard. My tomatoes took a hard hit at the beginning of summer. We had crazy weather, lot's of rain and wind. They are starting to flower and produce fruit.
My little squash is having a hard time. I had so many sunflowers pop up I don't think it was getting enough sunlight so I had to sacrifice more sunflowers to give it some light.
















My favorite flowers are Sunflowers.
They are beautiful, resilient and provide a nice source of food.

My first Sunflower of the season!
















Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls bloom ~author unknown (by me anyways)










Here's my latest Sunflower pictures. Updated August 23, 2010
















http://www.creatorscreatures.blogspot.com
Written by: Carol Lawrence
Enhanced by Zemanta

5 comments:

  1. Great looking garden! Love the quote at the end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheila, Thank you so much for your compliment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. [color=#445566]Awesome post! thank you for sharing this information. creatorscreatures.blogspot.com really got under my
    [/color] [url=http://nuscin-online.info]skin,[/url] [color=#445566]bookmarked... Keep up the great site...[/color]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your first Sunflower is beautiful! I live about 3 miles from the Sunflower Plant! At times there are fields of sunflowers as far as you can see, all around us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dream of having my own field of Sunflowers! That would be amazing. If you ever take great pictures and would like to show them off. Email me and I'll post them for everyone to see! intunedparenting@gmail.com
    ~Carol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! We really appreciate them.
We hope you will bookmark our blog and come back again real soon. ~ Carol and Randy Lawrence